Montech Holdings (ASX:MOQ) has acquired two Cloud-focussed software and services companies, Breeze and Technology Effect.
Montech said the acquisitions provide it with a platform to grow its Cloud managed services business and develop Cloud products on the Microsoft Azure platform. The firm believes this will help build a recurring revenue model.
Both Breeze and Technology Effect are leading Microsoft Azure partners in Australia. In 2014, both companies won or were finalists in a number of Microsoft partner awards.
Breeze chief executive and WIICTA Entrepreneur award winner, Nicki Page, told ARN Breeze and Technology Effect merged and were then acquired by Montech.
“Montech have been trying to negotiate this deal for a couple of months to see if they can buy up some Cloud companies.”
“It seemed natural for a Cloud infrastructure partner [Breeze] and an application development and integration partner [Technology Effect] to combine, particularly with what customers are needing these days in terms of an end to end solution when it comes to Cloud.”
“We are all very much in that hybrid space so it seemed like a natural fit for us all to come together.”
Senior management from both companies will join Montech’s board as part of the deal.
- Which areas will spur IT spending in 2015?
- Q&A: UXC Connect CEO, Ian Poole - Building opportunity in a fractured market
- Dicker Data appoints new GM to lead Cloud strategy
- Dimension Data Learning Solutions appoints national marketing manager
- Equinix to supply private managed connections to Microsoft Office 365
- Fourier Technologies merges with Webster Computer Systems