Landesk announced it has entered the enterprise mobility space. It launched its Mobile Email by LetMobile, a gateway-based security solution for enterprise mobility.
The solution is now integrated with the Utah-based firms existing infrastructure. Landesk said the service is the “perfect compliment” to its existing gateway solution that enables the management of data and data security for notebooks.
Secure mobile email uses a multi-factor authentication system and holds corporate data and passwords on the gateway level off the device. Landesk said this means devices are not vulnerable if lost or stolen. Each access is subject to DLP policy and all data transmissions are conducted over an encrypted channel.
Landesk director of product management and mobility, Stephen Brown, said users are looking for a frictionless solution.
“LetMobile’s Secure Mobile Email provides a self-service experience that enables users to easily enroll and use the service, without the need for IT to do anything to manage the email app on the device.”
The service can be used in conjunction with Landesk Mobility Manager, another mobile device manager client the customer has already deployed, or even without any MDM solution in place.
After acquiring the product, Landesk has expanded LetMobile’s reach and has localised it into 11 languages.
- ACCAN applauds Telstra for data alerts move
- Canalys Channels Forum: Further growth predicted for “healthy” channel market
- Over a quarter of Australians won’t bank on their mobile: Kaspersky
- Cognizant acquires Odecee
- Melbourne CBD highest risk area for mobile malware threats
- Mobile Mentor adds TeleSign mobile security to its ranks
- Nimble gives Landesk legacy storage a flash makeover
- Former Oracle stalwart heads up Landesk’s local channel drive