Cloud services and digital media networking company, j2 Global, has entered the web and Cloud hosting market through the acquisition of the assets of Melbourne-based Web24.
The terms of the acquisitions have not been disclosed, and the financial impact to j2 is not expected to be material.
The purchase will see j2 inherit Web24’s domain name, web hosting, dedicated or shared server and related services which are targeted at small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
“This acquisition and our entry into the web hosting arena provide j2 skilled personnel and an industry leading platform for delivering world-class hosting and related services,” j2 chief executive officer (CEO), Hemi Zucker, said.
“This positions us to leverage these assets to expand this business both within Australia and to other countries, broadening j2’s business Cloud services solutions globally.”
j2 will use its infrastructure and expertise to grow Web24 locally and introduce the company into additional countries.
j2 has promised that all data for Web24’s Australian customers will continue to be stored exclusively in-country.
- Adobe: Class division emerging in website design
- Rackspace challenges AWS, Google, Microsoft with launch of managed Cloud service levels
- Marketo partners with Macquarie Telecom
- UXC acquires Saltbush Group
- Cloud Awakening unveils fixed asset management platform
- UberGlobal founder, Michael McGoogan, new chairman of the board at Crucial