NetApp is on the verge of appointing a second A/NZ distributor and has narrowed down the contenders to a list of two.
Distribution Central had long been the only Australian distributor for the Californian headquartered storage and data management company.
However, in June NetApp signalled its intention to review its A/NZ go-to-market.
Soon after, the decision was made to take up a dual distribution model - with Distribution Central or Fusion Systems as the first partner.
NetApp , general manager, A/NZ channels and enablement, Neville James, told ARN the negotiation process was coming to a close and that an announcement to the market could be expected in coming weeks.
"I think we are probably still a couple of weeks away, we are negotiating with a couple still," he said.
"Contracts are the long and tedious part of the process, but I think within the next couple of weeks we will be in a position to let the market know, but we are not quite there at the moment.
James said the process had garnered some strong responses, but would not reveal who the final contenders were.
"We had six really strong responses," he said.
"We had that down to four and now we are down to the last two. "It's definitely progressing well and there is nothing to stop us having it completed in the next 10 days."
- Synnex named Apple’s third iPad distributor
- Distribution Central's Fusion Systems brings SimpliVity to Asia-Pacific
- Dimension Data launches globally standardised managed services
- Australia first in line for Dimension Data EMaaS solution
- Westcon nudges out Dicker Data in Netapp distribution deal
- Juniper and VMware partner in APAC private Cloud adoption push