ShoreTel launched an update to the firm’s mobility application, ShoreTel Mobility 8.
The update provides access to mobile-video conferencing and features integration with the ShoreTel communicator desktop control suite. The new software also introduces a virtualised mobility router so IT departments can mobile-enable a company workforce.
The firm claims the software makes it easy to communicate via video between iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
ShoreTel said users can participate in multi-party video sessions from mobile devices to room-based video communication systems.
ShoreTel vice-president of product management, Pej Roshan, said the company was making mobile collaboration simple and ubiquitous.
“End users want consistency of capabilities regardless of which device they use. Now teams can stay connected and collaborate using the ShoreTel Mobility Client as well as the ShoreTel Communicator desktop client, on any device, and from anywhere.”
- Amcom Telecommunications earns record profit from recurring revenue
- Hands on with HTC's inexpensive Desire 610
- ShoreTel hires former Orange Business Services exec to run APAC
- Optus grows EBITDA, underlying net profit in Q1 2014/15, but operating revenue drops
- Hosted Network Launches Desktop Data Recovery