NBN Co has named former Vodafone media executive Karina Keisler as executive General Manager, Corporate Affairs.
Keisler joins the company with more than a decade's experience in telecommunications media relations, most recently with Vodafone Australia where she was brought in as General Manager Corporate Affairs in 2012 to restore the reputation of Australia's number three telco.
She will take up her new role on June 2.
NBN Co chief executive, Bill Morrow, said Keisler brought solid experience managing all elements of the corporate affairs function at a senior level.
"She has long-standing relationships with the Australian media and is an expert in her field and I'm pleased to have her on the team," he said.
"It's essential as we enter the next phase of the NBN rollout that there is transparency around the decisions and direction in which the rollout will proceed.
"I am confident Karina will help move NBN forward.”
Ms Keisler has been an advisor for some of Australia’s highest profile CEOs and executives, according to a NBN Co statement.
After a stint in local government, she took up a role in Telstra Corporate Affairs overseeing the establishment of Telstra Country Wide in Victoria and Tasmania before stepping into a senior advisory role at Sensis.Read more: Telstra and b2cloud reveal Google Glass projects for vision and hearing impaired
Ms Keisler was appointed principal media adviser at Telstra in 2010.
In 2012 she relocated to Sydney to join Vodafone Australia.Read More:
- CommVault welcomes Nextgen Distribution as key A/NZ distributor
- 'We've got the top performing network in Australia': Vodafone
- Telstra Cyber Security Challenge aims to attract young talent
- CeBIT 2014: The (accidental) art of making Big Data analytics profitable - CSIRO
- NBN Co's fixed-wireless program to blow out by $1.4 billion
- NBN a metaphor for Federal Government's budget challenge: Ziggy Switkowski