Share data safely between Windows, Mac and mobile
- 12 February, 2014 15:32
Sophos has unveiled new software which delivers native operating system encryption and multi-platform management across Cloud environments.
The computer security firm's Safeguard Encryption 6.1 offers native device encryption, Cloud, mobile, removable and file share encryption in one centrally managed solution, providing security, performance, and an intuitive user experience. Sophos senior vice president, Dan Schiappa, said it provided a different approach which enabled people to work the way they wanted for new levels of productivity, without sacrificing time, performance or features.
“With today’s announcement we enable organisations to fully embrace a data-centric approach to encryption; to reach compliance standards; and to maintain credibility and good standing in today’s market.”
According to a company statement, with Sophos SafeGuard managing Microsoft BitLocker for Windows or Mac FileVault 2, the time required to encrypt a disk and boot up the operating system is greatly reduced, as compared to third party encryption engines.
Disk encryption time is up to seven times faster and boot times are up to three times faster.
Users and IT staff are now able to share data safely between Windows, Mac and mobile devices – securing data wherever it lives and wherever it is sent. The encryption approach enables users to safely work the way they need to - sharing files between users, partners and customers via the cloud and the devices they use.
For example, a Windows user can store data in a cloud storage system, and a partner on a Mac system can access and edit the content from their laptop or review it on their mobile device - fully encrypted and accessible only by intended users.
Microsoft, executive vice president, Terry Myerson, said BitLocker was designed to provide platform level encryption that with the best possible integration, reliability, and provisioning capabilities.
“Sophos Safeguard offers the best of both worlds by taking everything that makes BitLocker great and adding innovative compliance and enterprise-management capabilities on top of it,” he said.
“This is a great example of how partners can add value on top of the Windows platform.”
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Court forces Telstra to arbitrate in access row
- Victorian government gifts Melbourne free public Wi-Fi
- IT graduate numbers fall 50 per cent in past decade: ABS
- Privacy changes: One in three SMEs now risk $1.7 million fines
- Victorian government partners US research body in $55 million biotechnology push
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe