Internode to use NBN tower to stream music festival
- 19 November, 2013 10:07
Internode will be using an NBN tower to live stream the performance of The John Butler Trio in high definition at South Australia’s iconic Gorgeous Festival.
“Although the site for Gorgeous has no direct NBN access, we’re connecting to the NBN via a relay tower to a site around 500 metres away that does have NBN access,” Internode content manager, Heidi Angove, said.
The third annual two-day Gorgeous Festival is set in South Australia’s McLaren Vale wine region and will also be held at the Serafino Winery grounds.
Kicking off on Friday November 22, the festival will kick off with the John Butler Trio and Eskimo Joe will also be the top bill on Saturday November 23. Internode will stream both of the shows and full event details are available here.
This is the third year that Internode is sponsoring the festival and it will also be sponsoring another music festival, WOMADelaide next year.
Internode’s live-stream of Gorgeous Festival can be viewed by anyone with broadband Internet accesshere. The stream is completely unmetered for Internode customers and other iiNet companies.
The specific Gorgeous Festival URL on Freezone is available here.
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
Australia not ready for only one Cloud flavour: Mitel
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test