Vodafone's $5 a day roaming to be available in Europe
- 01 October, 2013 12:18
Vodafone will make its $5 a day option for international roaming available in 34 European countries from next week, it announced today.
The European availability will be switched on from Monday, 7 October, and expands on Vodafone's original offer, which was limited to the US, UK and New Zealand.
Among the eligible European countries include Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain and Turkey.
The service is enabled by default for customers of Vodafone's new 'Red' plans and effectively allows customers to use their smartphones while travelling as if they were still in Australia.
The $5 charge is ticketed per day of use, and the data, calls and text messages sent in an eligible country are charged according to the rates of the customer’s existing Red plan.
The full list of European countries included in the Vodafone roaming offer are Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens