Oakton scores David Jones managed services deal
- 17 September, 2013 14:56
ASX-listed IT firm, Oakton, has landed a three year managed services contract with department store retailer, David Jones.
Under the deal, Oakton will deliver application, database, middleware support and maintenance services.
Oakton has worked with David Jones since 2006, providing remote database support services for the retailer’s national support capability. The new agreement will provide a more proactive onsite presence at David Jones and will retain access to the offsite facility.
David Jones issued a request for tender after identifying an increasing reliance on key systems and the need for higher levels of availability and performance.
Oakton will have a stronger engagement between its service delivery manager and technical leads at David Jones as well as greater reliance upon more disciplined IT service management processes, environment management and service management reporting. “We have developed a deep knowledge and understanding of the David Jones environments, the business cycles and costs imperatives and have the flexibility to scale up or down to meet the retailer’s changing requirements,” Oakton CEO, Neil Wilson, said.
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe