Internode sponsors event for young entrepreneur
- 03 July, 2013 12:15
Internet service provider (ISP), Internode, has been named sponsor of Startup Weekend Adelaide, a 54-hour event for young entrepreneurs held from July 12 to 14.
Startup Weekend Adelaide is part of a global grassroots movement of entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures.
This particular event will host individuals aiming to build compelling commercial web or mobile applications.
As a gold sponsor, Internode will contribute cash, prizes and technical support for the event. It will also give away a number of its NodePonies.
Internode founder, Simon Hackett, as an entrepreneur himself, will be a guest speaker at the Friday night launch of the event.
“Just as I was encouraged by people when I started out, Internode aims to encourage these entrepreneurs to build the next generation of successful businesses,” Hackett said.
“Personally, I look forward to meeting some Startup delegates. Starting a business is often the beginning of a long and at times lonely journey and every successful entrepreneur can tell you about the ‘near death experience’ they survived along the path.”
Startup Weekend Adelaide will be held at Adelaide University Hub Central on North Terrace. Further details can be found on the event’s web site.
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens