Avnet appoints A/NZ sales boss
- 02 July, 2013 10:47
IT solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions, has hired Chris Ford to provide leadership for its Australian and New Zealand (A/NZ) sales and annuities teams as national sales director.
Ford will work with internal and external stakeholders to evolve and strengthen the sales strategy and strategic direction for Avnet A/NZ. He will be based in the company’s North Ryde office.
Avnet A/NZ vice-president and general manager, Darren Adams, said Ford is a key leadership appointment due to his experience and industry knowledge.
“[Ford’s] key focus will be to drive new opportunities for profitable growth and to ensure that Avnet remains committed to accelerating the success of our business partners, suppliers and Avnet team members,” Adams said.
Ford joins Avnet from Frontline Systems Australia, where he spent more than four years as national sales manager.
He has also worked for Hewlett-Packard (HP) for three years as sales manager.
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe