Vodafone to sell Xperia Z from March 13
- 22 February, 2013 16:21
Vodafone has confirmed it will sell the Sony's new Xperia Z smartphone from mid-March.
The telco will range the black model of the Xperia Z both online and in-stores from Wednesday 13 March.
The phone will sell for $0 upfront on Vodafone's $60 plan over 24 months. The plan includes $700 worth of calls, 1GB of data and unlimited SMS messages per month.
Vodafone is the first Australian telco to reveal specific availability and pricing for the Xperia Z, which will also be sold through Telstra and Optus.
Sony has confirmed that Telstra will sell black and white variants of the Xperia Z in "selected" bricks and mortar retail stores but specific availability and pricing has not been revealed. It will also exclusively sell the purple model of the Xperia Z through its online store.
Optus will range the black model of the Xperia Z in "selected" retail stores and online. It will be available in "mid-March" but no pricing details have been announced.
Popular Optus MVNO Virgin Mobile is unlikely to sell the Sony Xperia Z at launch, saying "at this stage we don't have plans to range this phone."
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013