UXC Connect lands liquid natural gas project
- 21 February, 2013 11:50
ASX-listed UXC Connect has landed a contract to provide converged IP surveillance and security for a major liquid natural gas project in Western Australia.
It is worth $4.1 million and UXC has already begun the rollout to the remote site which will house about 4300 construction workers.
Under the contract, UXC Connect will supply IP CCTV, public address and general alarm; and access control infrastructure being installed in external and internal areas throughout the campsite including cafeterias, laundries, communal areas and 14 other facilities.
The system will enable greater emergency response and ensure site managers are able to identify historical events of interest and provide indisputable evidence of activities using Panasonic high-definition cameras and Geutebruck video management systems.
According to UXC Connect CEO, Ian Poole, the contract highlights its investment in the West Australian office. “The growth we have seen in Western Australia and particularly in the mining oil, and gas sector has meant that we have been able to invest extensively in our WA team,” Poole said.
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe