Banks heads up LG Electronics mobile division
- 14 February, 2013 11:05
LG Electronics Australia has appointed Jonathan Banks to head up its mobile division, replacing Ben Glimmerveen who recently returned to LG UK.
Banks has more than 15 years experience in telecommunications and FMCG industries
He is looking forward to the March launch of LG’s most advanced smartphone to date, Optimus G . “2013 is the year for LG to make a name for itself in mobile communications and I couldn't be more excited about the strong product portfolio that we will be bringing to market,” Banks said.
“LG has brand strength in a number of consumer electronic categories, which is a real asset to the mobile division as technology converges. The connected home will become more of a reality this year and our mobile technology will a key component of this.”
He will work closely with Marketing General Manager, Lambro Skropidis, in bringing LG’s mobile offer to retail and online channels.
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013