New presidents for Polycom APAC and the Americas
- 25 January, 2013 10:33
Unified communications (UC) vendor, Polycom, has appointed new executive sales leaders for two separate regions.
Michael Alp joins as president of Asia-Pacific, and Damian Artt is taking the reigns as president of the Americas. Both will be responsible for leading the sales strategy and execution in their respective geographies.
Alp, who is replacing recently-retired Hansjoerg Wagner, has experience across hardware, infrastructure, and application software.
He joins Polycom from technology and Cloud computing company, EMC Corporation, where he held the role of APAC and Japan (APJ) backup and recovery systems vice-president. He has also worked for Data Domain as APJ vice-president.
Artt, who has experience in sales and services growth, was most recently with Wind River Systems where he held the role of worldwide sales and services senior vice-president. Before that eight-year stint, he was with Cadence Design Systems for 12 years.
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe