New presidents for Polycom APAC and the Americas
- 25 January, 2013 10:33
Unified communications (UC) vendor, Polycom, has appointed new executive sales leaders for two separate regions.
Michael Alp joins as president of Asia-Pacific, and Damian Artt is taking the reigns as president of the Americas. Both will be responsible for leading the sales strategy and execution in their respective geographies.
Alp, who is replacing recently-retired Hansjoerg Wagner, has experience across hardware, infrastructure, and application software.
He joins Polycom from technology and Cloud computing company, EMC Corporation, where he held the role of APAC and Japan (APJ) backup and recovery systems vice-president. He has also worked for Data Domain as APJ vice-president.
Artt, who has experience in sales and services growth, was most recently with Wind River Systems where he held the role of worldwide sales and services senior vice-president. Before that eight-year stint, he was with Cadence Design Systems for 12 years.
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
- Reinvention in the Cloud – IBM Coffee + Conversation
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- The Technical and Operational Values of Barium Ferrite Tape Media
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
Former S Central CEO faces 35 charges in Melbourne Magistrates Court
Dropbox diversifies beyond storage with photos, collaboration apps
Microsoft calls for urgent innovation review to spur tech sector
Distribution Central launches PerformancePOD with Fujitsu and Riverbed
Skill and knowledge gap affecting Cloud deployments: Bulletproof