TCL Multimedia to feature in Iron Man 3
- 17 January, 2013 10:04
Chinese-headquartered consumer electronics vendor, TCL Multimedia, has entered a strategic collaboration with the Iron Man film franchise through brand placement, joint promotions, and authorised usage of creative elements.
The agreement will see TCL smart TVs, particularly its 110-inch 4K full HD 3D LCD TV, Cloud technology and mobile handsets featured in Iron Man 3, which is set to hit Australian cinemas on April 25, and the US on May 3.
“TCL has attached great importance to the collaboration with Hollywood,” TCL CEO, Zhao Zhongyao, said. “Through this cross-industry collaboration, we are looking at introducing our latest smart products to consumers from around the world via a range of different brand promotion activities associated with the Iron Man 3 theme.”
This partnership is not TCL’s first big screen stint, having already collaborated with Transformers 2, Transformers 3, The Avengers, Batman: The Dark Knight Rises, and Cloud Atlas.
According to a statement from its distributor, these tie-ups have occurred as “TCL has been aiming to at showcasing to consumers… its innovations and technologies, as well as the young, trendy and internationalised element of its brand charisma, through the influential international blockbusters.”
Follow Nermin Bajric on Twitter: @nermin_au
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013