Avnet appoints GIS vice-president
- 15 January, 2013 16:38
IT solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions, has named Max Leng-Jin Chan as its Asia-Pacific technology solutions Global Information Solutions (GIS) vice-president.
In his new role, Chan will be responsible for providing overall GIS leadership for Avnet Technology Solutions Asia-Pacific and oversee the GIS application and infrastructure team in Asia. The appointment took effect as of January 7.
He will also assume the responsibility of driving Avnet’s operational excellence strategy in the region.
“With a strong track record in business technology strategies, project management and complex system implementation, we look upon Chan to ensure that internal technology solutions are supporting our growth objectives,” Avnet Technology Solutions Asia-Pacific president, William Chu, said.
Prior to this role, Chan held the position of IT vice-president, building efficiency for Johnson Controls Asia, during which, he drove business technology strategy and transformation, technology innovation, as well as the deployment of major systems.
He also has had extensive experience in Asia as well as Americas and Europe.
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens