Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 takes top place in AV-TEST trials
- 09 December, 2012 23:12
Security software analysis firm, AV-TEST, has bestowed Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 with the top spot following a round of independent testing.
Following testing from September to October, Bitdefender’s product scored a near perfect 17 out of 18 possible points in results released by AV-TEST in November.
This was the first time a product from Bitdefender’s 2013 range was submitted for testing, though Bitdefender chief security strategist, Catalin Cosoi, said the company has already been recognised by AV-TEST in the past by getting the top spot seven times and winning the annual Best Protection award in 2011.
“We had a stunningly successful run with the 2012 generation of products that shot us firmly into world leadership spot of the industry,” he said.
“Now, after the first tests based on our 2013 generation of products, it looks like we’re going to advance even more.”
Bitdefender’s product went head to head with 23 other leading antivirus products, where it scored a perfect six out of six in AV-TEST’s Protection category by detecting all “widespread and prevalent malware” and providing full protection against zero day malware attacks.
“We also scored a perfect six in the ‘cleaning and repair of a malware infected computer’ category,” Cosoi said.
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013