iiNet first to multicast IPTV over the NBN
- 05 December, 2012 10:31
NBN Multicast is a data transmission technology for delivering high quality video and IPTV services.
The company, along with TransACT, WestNet, Netspace, and Internode completed NBN Co's multicast certification process in November, which then allows them to deliver IPTV-based services, such as Fetch TV, as multicast is progressively phased in over the NBN.
iiNet chief product officer, Stephen Harley, said the successful multicast certification process demonstrates the iiNet Group's commitment to the NBN.
"The NBN Multicast service lets us deliver awesome, high quality video entertainment to our customers, such as our innovative Fetch TV service," Harley said.
As its first initiative, iiNet will take part in a multicast IPTV delivery trial planned by NBN Co at a Greenfields site in Rhodes, NSW. For this trial, it will use the Fetch TV service.
"We're looking forward to delivering IPTV services to even more of our NBN customers as it becomes available," Harley said.
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
Australia not ready for only one Cloud flavour: Mitel
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test