Xbox Live Gold free this weekend
- 30 November, 2012 12:09
Microsoft has announced that the Xbox Live Gold subscription service will be unlocked and open to all users in 15 selected countries.
The countries included in the promotion are Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States.
All users within these countries who own an Xbox will be able to use all customised entertainment and gaming features available through the service.
Regardless of their current subscription status, users will have access to online multiplayer gaming, Internet Explorer for Xbox 360, Video Kinect, and all entertainment apps until December 2.
As part of the promotion, Xbox is making available a series of Halo 4 training boot-camps, giving gamers the chance to train with Australia's top players.
Starting at 19:00 AEST tonight, gamers can choose to play train with:
- Camp 1: Sniper - with (GamerTag) Blaze ACL
- Camp 2: Slayer - with Hopey ACL
- Camp 3: Support - with Halvo ACL
- Camp 4: Objective - with Ogre1 ACL.
Follow Nermin Bajric on Twitter: @nermin_au
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
P-Day is here
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe