Rackspace ramps up channel focus
- 20 November, 2012 15:17
Cloud service provider, Rackspace is ramping up its channel focus hiring Brendon McHugh as its new channel manager.
McHugh transferred from the company’s UK team to take on the newly created role in Australia. He has been with Rackspace since 2010 and previously worked for Little Man Consultancy.
Rackspace is also updating its partner program and has added enterprise level fanatical support for Gold and Platinum partners as well as co-op marketing for partners within its Silver tier and up.
The program consists of member, silver, gold and platinum levels. In Australia, Rackspace has three Gold partners including White Labelled, NetStarter and Visual Jazz Isobar.
“We’re looking to partner with the right people and ones that share the same values as us,” McHugh said. “Our partners are so important to us in this market and as our channel grows, our team will grow with it.”
Sakshi Taneja has also joined the Rackspace team as its enterprise sales executive. Taneja previously worked as the commercial sales executive at Macquarie Telecom.
In August, Rackspace opened a new datacentre in Sydney.
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013