UXC scores $40 million Gold Coast Hospital contract
- 20 November, 2012 10:15
ASX-listed UXC (ASX:UXC) has landed a $40 million deal to supply and install ICT infrastructure for the new Gold Coast University Hospital.
Queensland Health engaged Lend Lease as its managing contractor to construct the hospital's campus and facilities. In turn, Lend Lease engaged UXC as the sole supplier of the hospital’s ICT infrastructure.
The work involved includes datacentre, wired network, wireless LAN, unified communications and IP telephony, real time location services and mobile duress; firewalls and security and the patient entertainment system.
In a statement, UXC managing director, Cris Nicolli, said it was a significant win for UXC, showcasing its ability to win large scale and complex projects.
“This project will be instrumental in building and extending our infrastructure and burgeoning health capabilities,” Nicolli said. “ It is also a significant opportunity to establish our relationship with Lend Lease and broaden our relationship with Queensland Health.”
The Gold Coast University Hospital is due to open in September 2013 and will offer specialist services for oncology, neurosurgery, cardiac and pediatrics.
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens