Telstra opens Lumia 920 pre-orders
- 13 November, 2012 15:04
The Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone: now available to pre-order through Telstra.
Telstra has opened online pre-orders for Nokia's hotly anticipated Lumia 920 Windows Phone, with the device officially set to release in Australia on Tuesday 27 November.
The telco announced pricing for the flagship Windows Phone 8 device late last month. However, it did not reveal when pre-orders would be open, only stating that the smartphone would be available at the "end of November".
The Nokia Lumia 920 is now available for pre-order on Telstra's Web site. It sells for $5 per month on Telstra's $60 Every Day Connect Plan over 24 months which includes $600 worth of calls and MMS, unlimited text messages to Australian numbers and 1GB of data per month.
Additionally, the Lumia 920 is $0 upfront on Telstra's $80, $100 and $130 Every Day Connect Plans, all over 24 months.
Telstra will offer a free JBL PlayUp wireless speaker with all online pre-orders that are placed before Monday 26 November.
First unveiled in September in New York, Nokia is banking on the Lumia 920 to turn around its flagging fortunes in the high-end smartphone market. The device is among the first phones to run the latest version of Microsoft's mobile operating system, Windows Phone 8, which was officially launched earlier this month in Sydney.
The Lumia 920 has a 4.5in display with a 720p resolution, boasts a number of camera features including a new optical image stabilisation system and has a built-in wireless charging system.
Telstra will sell the Lumia 920 will be available in black, white, red and yellow colour variants.
• Telstra announces Nokia Lumia 920 pricing but no firm launch date
• Nokia Lumia 920 preview
• Microsoft banking on Windows 8 to boost Windows Phone
• IN PICTURES: Windows Phone 8 Sydney launch
• Nokia Lumia 920 vs. Apple iPhone 5: Head-to-head
• Nokia Lumia 920 expected on Telstra in November
• iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S III vs. Nokia Lumia 920
• Top rated Windows Phones
- Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone (preview)
- Telstra announces Nokia Lumia 920 pricing but no firm launch date
- Telstra's Web site
- Telstra's $80, $100 and $130 Every Day Connect Plans
- Microsoft banking on Windows 8 to boost Windows Phone
- IN PICTURES: Windows Phone 8 Sydney launch
- Nokia Lumia 920 vs. Apple iPhone 5: Head-to-head
- Nokia Lumia 920 expected on Telstra in November
- SAP reports upbeat earnings, forecast
- Top rated Windows Phones
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
AMD's Sempron lives on with new desktop chips
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens