Dimension Data to provide network and tech infrastructure to Lifehouse
- 08 November, 2012 15:28
Dimension Data has been appointed by Lifehouse to deliver the network and technology infrastructure to the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.
The Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, due to open mid 2013, will be a “world-class” cancer treatment and research facility providing integrated care and support services to public and private patients.
Lifehouse has now finalised negotiations with Dimension Data for a multi-year contract to supply a medical grade network and telephony infrastructure. Advanced technology is critical to achieving measurable improvements in patient safety, quality of care and operational efficiencies, Lifehouse said in a statement. To capitalise fully on investment in new models of care and an electronic medical record, Lifehouse has engaged Dimension Data to provide a CISCO medical grade network, it said.
The Cisco medical-grade network provides the industry-specific framework required to meet Lifehouse's needs for interoperability, security, availability, productivity and flexibility. “Our patients are the focal point of our care philosophy and the fully-integrated ICT system will be one of the cornerstones supporting the Lifehouse vision. As a centre for excellence, it is essential for us to select solutions that deliver a standards-driven platform that aligns with Australia’s contemporary E-Health Strategy,” Lifehouse CEO, Tim Dugan, said in a statement.
“Dimension Data has been engaged after a competitive tender evaluation process. In Dimension Data we believe we have a partner that understands and is aligned to the Lifehouse vision of designing and implementing a digital integrated cancer centre,” Lifehouse chief information officer, Anne-Marie Hadley, said.
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia