Officeworks drops Windows 8 prices further
- 26 October, 2012 12:40
Retailer Officeworks is sticking it to competitors by lowering its asking price for Windows 8 Pro to $48.72.
This comes as a response to competitors, such as Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi, who dropped the advertising price for Windows 8 to $58 as a special launch discount.
“Along with being one of the first companies to offer it to Australians on pre-order, we also guarantee that our copies of Windows 8 will be sold at the lowest price,” Officeworks technology business manager, Toby Watson, said.
Watson added that the discount is permanent.
He said that customers who find a cheaper advertised price on Windows 8 that is in stock with a competing retailer, will be eligible for a 5 per cent discount.
Follow Nermin Bajric on Twitter: @nermin_au
- McAfee Whitepaper: Building the Business Case for Privacy
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia
Telstra restructure a correct step: Paul Budde