NetApp first quarter net income slides
- 17 August, 2012 17:19
NetApp’s net income more than halved in its first quarter to about $64m compared to $140m in the same period a year ago.
Its revenues were flat at about $1.5 billion compared to the year-ago quarter.
The company’s earnings and revenue were in line with its previous guidance, NetApp president and CEO, Tom Georgens, said in a statement.
“In Q1, we announced further innovations in Data ONTAP 8.1 that will enable customers to achieve an agile data infrastructure environment to cope with their dynamic business requirements,” he said.
NetApp estimates revenue for the second quarter of 2013 to range from $1.5bn to $1.6bn.
In its first quarter, it launched Data ONTAP, a storage operating system. The company also unveiled FAS2220, an entry-level product portfolio aimed at providing midsize customers with new technologies and increased value.
Cisco and NetApp also launched a global channel initiative to help its FlexPod converged infrastructure product that has about 1300 customers. The program will reward FlexPod channel partners for investing in sales capabilities and services practices.
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)