Websense secures iPhones with Triton Mobile Security
- 14 August, 2012 11:47
Not all security solutions are built the same, and Websense’s Triton Mobile Security solution aims to stand out by offering an integrated experience that brings together content-aware data security, web security, malicious app protection and mobile device management (MDM).
Triton Mobile Security is a Cloud-based security service that supports Apple iOS devices on wireless mobile networks.
For Websense Asia Pacific vice president, Alison Higgins-Miller, security is no longer just about spam and anti-virus, but about the content.
“With Triton, even if someone manages to get into your system, they can’t get the data out,” she said.
The protection for data-in-motion, wherever employees use their devices, is one of the key features of TRITON Mobile Security.
“It inspects the information that travels throughout an organisation, so if there is a link in an email, we check where it goes to check whether it is legit,” Higgins-Miller said.
As Triton Mobile Security is a Cloud-based security service, with an on-demand VPN tunnel, inbound and outbound data communications are analysed in real time.
As Websense is a channel based company, it will rely on its partner network to push TRITON Mobile Security.
Higgins-Miller admits that in the past Websense’s channel was “underdeveloped” and relied on “lots of specialists,” but the hiring of a dedicated person to look after system integrator relationships has changed the vendor’s focus.
“We still have specialists, but we have reduced the number of partners,” she said.
“In our case, less is more.”
In particular, Websense has picked partners that “know what they talk about instead of focusing just on volume.”
“The channel relationship goes three ways between Websense, the partner, and the customer,” Higgins-Miller said.
“We are all working together for the same outcome.”
Some of Websense’s channel partners include Alphawest, Zallcom, Fujitsu, HP and IBM.
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)