Ethan Group appoints Paul Kawtal as CEO
- 09 August, 2012 17:18
Paul Kawtal, Ethan Group CEO
ICT provider, Ethan Group, has appointed Paul Kawtal as its chief executive officer.
Kawtal comes into the role from the company’s IT&T services group manager position.
Founding directors Tony Geagea and Andrew Rayment will remain as executive directors and continue to shape the direction of the business.
When asked for the timing of the move to instate Kawtal as CEO, Geagea, says that the Ethan Group wanted to close the year off before appointing him to the position
“Paul was appointed as of the new financial year, as the future for a business that only provided IT services were limited due to the disruptive nature of cloud computing and convergence of IT and telecommunications,” he said.
Over the past two years, the Ethan Group has been preoccupied with successfully transition the business from being only a IT services company to a complete IT&T service provider.
“The leadership role within Ethan Group moving forward is to continue to refine the offerings and deliver on the five year objectives we have invested in and are dedicated toward achieving,” Geagea said.
With Kawtal appointed to deliver this, Geagea said he and Rayment will have the extra time to “focus on innovation, new initiatives and developments.”
Appointing a CEO was not a decision that the Ethan Group took lightly, spending a lot of time looking for someone they felt was well regarded within the business, understood the business intimately, and had a very detailed long term plan in place with clear measurements deliverables.
Once the business' long term direction and go-to-market strategy was solidified, Geagea says that Kawtal came up as the logical choice to lead the company.
As for when the Ethan group expects to see tangible changes taking place as a result of this move, Geagea says they are already taking place now.
“Accountability across the business has already improved, as has the clarity and definition of the areas of which Ethan Group will focus on,” he said.
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- McAfee Whitepaper: Building the Business Case for Privacy
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Are we ready for a mobile-first world?
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)