LG adds 3D gaming to smart TVs
- 30 July, 2012 11:54
LG Electronics is adding 3D-enabled gaming to its smart TVs with the arrival of five titles in its app store, the company said on Sunday.
Owners of LG's Cinema 3D Smart TVs will be able to choose between Air Penguin, Frisbee Forever, Burn The City, Downhill Bowling 2 and Diversion with more games scheduled to be added in August, according to the consumer electronics maker.
Air Penguin was the top downloaded game app in the U.S. and eighteen other countries last year, according to LG. The success of the title has helped developer and publisher Gamevil surpass 120 million user downloads, the company said earlier this year.
Developed by Enterfly, Air Penguin debuted on the Apple iTunes App Store for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad in April of last year and brought in US$1 million in less than a month, according to Gamevil.
Air Penguin and the other titles were picked specifically for their 3D playability, and have been optimized for LG's TVs. The remote works as a motion sensitive game controller, according to LG.
They will be available on LG's application and content store Smart World, but only in countries where the company offers paid services: U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, U.S., Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines and South Korea.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia
Telstra restructure a correct step: Paul Budde