iOS 6 beta 3 adds key features for iPhone 3GS
- 18 July, 2012 12:11
Now, though, the third beta version of iOS 6 has been released to developers, and some are reporting that some of those key features appear to have made their way onto the older device.
iSource reports that VIP Mail will be available on the iPhone 3GS, a feature that allows users to assign VIP status to particular email addresses, sending push notifications to the user when emails are received from that sender.
The Shared Photo Streams feature that will also be arriving with iOS 6 has been made available for the iPhone 3GS in the latest beta. Apple says Shared Photo Streams will be enable users to select photos to share with friends via iCloud.
Apple has now updated the footnote at the bottom of its iOS 6 preview Web page to suit these changes, and the small print notes that these features are subject to change.
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Are we ready for a mobile-first world?
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)