Microsoft System Center targets cloud, virtualization
- 16 July, 2012 14:23
With the revamped System Center 2012 suite of management tools, Microsoft has launched a powerful new weapon in the battle to control the virtualized data center and the cloud, both private and public.
Although it's a totally gruesome/forklift installation (yet better than before), for the first time in recent memory, all of the modules that comprise System Center are in nominal revision sync, and have increased their coverage to include the competition.
Private cloud is well covered in System Center 2012, although the focus is poised more towards Windows Azure, Microsoft's public cloud platform. Virtualization is also heavily covered, and although the emphasis is on Microsoft's Hyper-V hypervisor, there is also support for many heavily used, but not all, features of Citrix XenServer and VMware ESXi/vSphere.
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- McAfee Whitepaper: Building the Business Case for Privacy
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia
Telstra restructure a correct step: Paul Budde