TrackITOnline signed to distribute Teradici Apex 2800
- 14 July, 2012 16:09
PC-over-IP (PCoIP) protocol developer, Teradici, has signed enterprise solutions software distributor, TrackITOnline, to distribute the Apex 2800 server offload card through its Australian and New Zealand value-added resellers (VARs).
The partnership was a result of TrackITOnline’s existing involvement in the VDI space, according to TrackITOnline director, Phil Lancaster. Both companies decided that the signing was a natural fit.
“TrackITOnline has had a strong involvement in the VDI market from the beginning and has had great success with LiquidwareLabs and Xangati, plus recently added Virsto,” he said. “This puts TrackITOnline in a very strong position to deliver the advantages that Teradici provides to VMWare view.”
Apex 2800 promises to insure the success of VMware View deployments by offloading PCoIP image encoding tasks and reducing server CPU utilisation. The goal is empower IT managers to protect and ensure a consistent user experience, while enabling increased VDI consolidation ratios.
Lancaster said that TrackITOnline has already received a list of enquiries from both its smaller and larger partners.
“As a product, we’re definitely providing technical training, but the good news is that because of the nature of it, it’s simple to deploy and implement,” he said. “Once we’ve shown a partner the product, there is a recently-released dashboard that they can use to make comparisons and assessments of the product when it is or isn’t running.”
Lancaster is adamant that the experience is overall straight-forward.
He also revealed that, based on the enquiries, TrackITOnline expects the product to shift Teradici into its top group of vendors in terms of sales revenue boost.
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia