Virgin Australia launches two mobile offerings
- 05 July, 2012 15:40
Virgin Australia has launched two mobile services in hope of simplifying traveller experience: a mobile boarding pass for domestic travel, and an iPhone app which lists discounted flights.
The mobile boarding pass is not an app, but a browser-based service that must be accessed via the airline’s website via a smartphone. It allows domestic travellers to book and manage flights, check departure/arrival schedules, and check-in to their flight from their device.
Once the check-in is complete, the website sends the customer a mobile boarding pass through SMS. This can be presented at the departure gate.
The Virgin Australia Flight Specials app, which is free but exclusive to the iPhone and Apple App Store, provides a list of recently discounted flights, and happy hour fares for both domestic and international flights.
The app also allows users to input a travel criteria, and sign up for real-time alerts if flights that match it become discounted.
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia