APP OF THE DAY: ChatON
- 19 June, 2012 16:23
Cost: Free | Developer: Samsung Electronics | Platform: Android | Version varies with device | Size varies with device | Android requirements vary with device
With so many types of chat apps available in the market, it’s hard to pick out one that is not lagging and unreliable.
ChatON solves that problem.
It is a quick instant messaging service that lets you communicate and share pictures, documents, audio files, location information, videos, contacts, etc with one person or a group.
Personally, its set of emoticons is unique and fun to use. You can even create your own animated message.
It currently supports Android, iOS and Blackberry and will soon support Windows and the Web.
This app was reviewed on a HTC Velocity 4G.
Pros: Delivers messages instantaneously.
Cons: Occasionally crashes and you have to keep keying in the authentication code, which doesn’t always verify.
Verdict: If you are tired of unreliable chat apps, use this.
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)