NEWS GRAB: latest from Oki Data, Toshiba Tec, CommVault, and Kroll Ontrack
- 18 June, 2012 11:10
Oki and Toshiba commence joint development of MFPs
The agreement is built on two points. Firstly, the two companies will jointly develop an A4-size MFP for managed print services (MPS).
Secondly, Toshiba Tec will develop compact MFPs using digital LED printheads manufactured by Oki. Meanwhile, Oki will draw on Toshiba Tec’s Open Platform technology to provide a wide range of MPS solutions.
Oki hopes the agreement will double MPS sales, and Toshiba Tec believes that a new A4-size product will strengthen sales.
CommVault becomes leader for enterprise backup and recovery software
CommVault was acknowledged for its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
The vendor’s Simpana software, a single platform built for integrated data and information management, was recognised as part of the positioning. The solution includes backup and recovery, deduplication, replication, virtualisation, and search functionalities.
“As the industry continues to transform, we will remain true to our ‘solving forward’ philosophy, which enables CommVault to stay out in front and anticipate emerging data and information management demands,” CommVault chairman, president, and CEO, Robert Hammer, said.
Kroll Ontrack updates DIY data recovery solution
Data recovery solutions vendor, Kroll Ontrack, has released version 10 of its EasyRecovery do-it-yourself (DIY) data recovery software which offers a refreshed user interface (UI) for both Windows and Mac users.
Ontrack EasyRecovery is a solution designed to allow users to recovery data through a wizard-driven interface. It is designed to tackle the issues presented by accidental file deletion, virus infection, or inaccessible or unbootable partitions.
Alongside the new UI, Kroll Ontrack has also added multiple drive types and file formats, as well as a free-trial option so users can identify which of their files can be recovered before committing to the software.
Available in enterprise, professional, and home editions, EasyRecovery is available via a new annual, renewable license.
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Are we ready for a mobile-first world?
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)