APP OF THE DAY: Poh's Kitchen
- 27 April, 2012 12:31
Cost: Free| Developer: ABC | Platform: iOS | Version: 1.4.1 | 3.9 MB |
Does anybody remember the frenzy of MasterChef when it first went to air a few years back? Does anybody remember the bubbly Malaysian-Chinese artist, Poh, that went to the finals and battled it out with the affable home cook, Julie Goodwin?
Well Poh didn’t win the competition but she did end up scoring a nice gig at the ABC hosting her own cooking show. The second season ended late last year but I recently stumbled upon her show’s app, Poh’s Kitchen.
The app works similarly to Epicurious but is obviously very focused on the food Poh dabbles with on her series. On the home page there is a run down of the latest (or, at this point, last) episode of Poh’s Kitchen and a list of featured recipes.
For older recipes from the show the app has them neatly categorised into stocks, stirfrys, vegetables, and so on. The dishes have nice accompanying pictures and some even have videos demonstrating how to make them.
Ingredients are listed clearly and users can easily create a shopping list.
You can even watch episodes from the show directly on your phone through the app.
For avid fans of Poh, her blog posts can be accessed through the app as well.
Admittedly, Poh’s cooking style is very Asian focused so if you are interested in this type of cuisine then definitely get this app.
Pros: Easy to use, free, recipes are easy to follow, can watch Poh’s show directly on your iPhone.
Cons: Only a limited pool of recipes to chose from, a little bit outdated.
Verdict: It’s free, so try it if you’re a big foodie like me.
Get it here: Apple App Store
This app was reviewed on an iPhone 4.
Got a favourite app? Email our appmeister, Patrick Budmar, your review or the name of the app you would like to see reviewed.
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- McAfee Whitepaper: Building the Business Case for Privacy
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)