Vodafone to sell PlayStation Vita for $55 per month
- 09 February, 2012 16:32
Vodafone is now accepting pre-orders for the PlayStation Vita with an option for customers to pay the handheld gaming device off for $55 per month over 12 months.
The PS Vita is due to launch in Australia on February 23 and Vodafone is the exclusive telco carrier for the device. The telco will be selling the 3G/WiFi version.
Vodafone is offering the PS Vita on a $15 mobile broadband plan with a monthly device repayment of $40. The broadband plan features a data limit of 1.5GB and customers will receive a 4GB memory card.
The telco is also selling the Vita for $419 on prepaid with 200MB of data allowance and a 4GB memory card.
3G/WiFi and WiFi-only versions of the PS Vita can also be purchased at video game retailers.
“Our partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment Australia presents us with a unique opportunity to make the move into the exciting world of mobile gaming,” Vodafone general manager of devices, Ross Parker, said in a statement. “Our new network is built for smart devices like PlayStation Vita.”
Pre-orders can be made through www.vodafone.com.au/psvita.
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013