APP OF THE DAY: Cards
- 08 February, 2012 10:50
Cost: Free | Developer:Apple | Platform: iOS | Version 1.0.1 | 20.0MB | Requires iOS 5.0 or better
Cards is a surprising app from Apple: released with relatively little fanfare, it’s simple, even by Apple standards.
But it plays into a good idea – take a photo of wherever you are at the time, stick it on one of a handful of card templates, and then sent it anywhere you like in the world (as it, a hard prints copy) for $5.
It’s precisely the kind of creative application that suits the iPhone, and makes personalising time away from friends and family easy. As the iPhone 4’s camera is pretty good, the hard copy cards look nice when they arrive, too, though not exactly Hallmark standard.
There are other card making applications available for the App Store, but few are as simple or easy to use as this one.
This app was reviewed on an iPhone 4S. Pros: A very easy way to send post cards to loved ones back home
Cons: It’s not going to excite the more creative folks
Verdict: An easy to use, fun, and useful little application? Of course it’s an Apple product.
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Simple, Proven, Tranformative
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013