Video library service integrated into version 6.9 of M86 WebMarshal
- 27 October, 2011 09:40
Security vendor, M86, has recently integrated its VuSafe service in the version 6.9 update of its WebMarshal product.
WebMarshal, M86’s software-based Web gateway solution, now makes use of VuSafe’s video library that allows educational establishments to easily find, organise and share streaming videos from YouTube and other sites, whilst at the same time blocking access to inappropriate videos and removing advertisements, comments and external links.
VuSafe has already been in service for a year, and M86 expects the integration of the capability into WebMarshal to make the combined package attractive to the local education sector.
“The significant thing about WebMarshal 6.9 is that we’ve transferred VuSafe’s capability into WebMarshal, so when you used the two together you get the full effect of protecting students but allowing them to access videos and other content in a very secure environment,” M86 Asia-Pacific vice-president, Jeremy Hulse, said.
He also sees the combination of WebMarshal with VuSafe as the natural evolution of the product in order to enable teaching staff and students to make use of online videos without compromising security or safety.
“Since we have two significant web products that we offer to the market, both of them doing slightly different things, it made sense for us to build the VuSafe functionality into WebMarshal instead of asking customers to migrate to the specific security levels offered by Secure Web Gateway,” Hulse explained.
The other key addition to version 6.9 of WebMarshal is a new default policy that makes managing access to social networking sites even easier.
WebMarshal 6.9 is available now from authorised M86 Security channel partners
M86 recently commented on the hack of an NBN provider.
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- McAfee Whitepaper: Building the Business Case for Privacy
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Are we ready for a mobile-first world?
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)