Steve Jobs's resignation letter
- 25 August, 2011 08:59
Here is the text of a letter sent by Steve Jobs to Apple employees, as he announced his resignation as Apple's CEO on Wednesday.
To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- Smart Cloud: Move Beyond monitoring to Holistic Management of Application Performance
- New Gateway Anti-Malware Technology Sets the Bar for Web Threat Protection (Sponsored by McAfee)
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia
Telstra restructure a correct step: Paul Budde