Seagate releases battery-powered drive for iOS, other mobile platforms
- 17 May, 2011 04:13
Seagate today announced a battery-powered wireless external drive for mobile devices, including those powered by Apple's iOS, such as the iPad.
Seagate's GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage, offers up to 500GB of additional storage wirelessly for any mobile device with Wi-Fi access over 802.11 b/g/n.
The GoFlex Satellite drive has a rechargeable battery; mobile devices are connected directly to the drive by use of the free GoFlex Media app -- available now on iTunes and the Apple App Store -- or a Web browser.
GoFlex Satellite is available immediately for preorder from Seagate.com, Amazon and BestBuy.com for a suggested retail price of $199.99. It is scheduled to arrive in Best Buy stores in July 2011.
- Choice and Control: Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)
ASI brings LapCabby to Australia