Symantec's Steve Martin faces World’s Greatest Shave
- 29 March, 2011 11:52
Symantec's Steve Martin has sacrificed his locks of hair to participate in the Leukaemia Foundation's World's Greatest Shave.
Armed with cream and a buzzing razor, Martin took the plunge to shave his head earlier this month and reached his target of $2000 which was matched dollar for dollar by Symantec.
The money raised will be used by the Leukaemia Foundation to fund services to support patients and families living with leukaemia, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders.
Every March thousands of people shave, colour and wax their hair to raise funds for the Leukaemia Foundation and this year. Since 1998, World’s Greatest Shave has raised in excess of $106 million. For more information about the Leukaemia Foundation visit: http://www.leukaemia.org.au
Do you also shave off your locks for the great cause? Let us know and send in a picture of yourself to Julia_talevski@idg.com.au.
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013