NBN Co sets up office locations
- 11 March, 2010 09:21
NBN Co has selected four office spaces across the east coast.
The company said it has leased an office in North Sydney and will move in by mid-June, occupying three levels at 100 Arthur St. It has also leased office space at 360 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne.
In a statement the company outlined offices in Canberra and Hobart were being set up and locations to support the first release sites are being sought.
“The company undertook extensive analysis of prospective premises available for lease in the Sydney CBD and North Sydney areas,” the statement said. “It secured an eight year lease to provide NBN Co with permanent accommodation which accommodates future company growth.”
Head of corporate services, Kevin Brown, said the three floors are in the process of being fitted out for NBN Co use.
“Critical to our success is to secure facilities which are competitively priced, available at the right time and where our people can be productive,” Brown said.
NBN Co recently put a call out to satellite network operators and equipment providers that can offer key elements of the satellite network.
The company has previously stated it intends to hire thousands of staff and leverage Australia's contractor community to enable the project.
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013