Apps briefs: E-markets, Telstra, Dattatech, Brio
- 28 November, 2001 14:06
E-markets up 733%
New research from the Global Trading Web Association shows significant growth in the volume of transactions and sales taking place through electronic marketplaces. GTWA's findings showed the number of transactions that had taken place on its members' e-marketplaces had jumped a massive 733 per cent from 106,168 to 844,166 when comparing January to June 2001 with the same period last year. Comparing sales volumes over the same two periods provides even more of a contrast: the $US115.2 million worth of sales recorded for the first six months of 2000 grew to $3.7 billion in the first half of 2001.
Telstra surfs Openwave
Telstra has announced it is establishing a "wireless content developer portal" using Openwave's SDK developer tools to help encourage mobile Internet development in Australia. According to an Openwave press statement, the Telstra Developer Portal will "drive future success in developing content applications and an open approach" to the mobile Internet.
Dattatech gets Rational
In a bid to bolster its software development product lines, Dattatech has announced a distribution agreement with Rational Software. The deal will see the distribution and integration company offer its customers preferential pricing for Rational products. In return, Rational will gain access to Dattatech's nationally established customer base, Client Network System.
When I go to Brio
Value-added business intelligence software developer Brio Software has appointed a national channels manager to "develop strategic partnerships with distributors and resellers", according to a press statement. The position has been filled by Stephen Dolan, who said the channel is "the biggest opportunity for our company" and he intends to "build it aggressively". Dolan has worked in the IT industry for over 20 years.
- Virtualization and Consolidation Solutions
- Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
- Smart Cloud Provisioning: Low Cost and highly Scalable Entry Point into Cloud Computing
- McAfee Whitepaper: Building the Business Case for Privacy
- MSP Guides for effective Endpoint Management Solutions
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins: report
Box buys iOS app to improve its own
Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
Barracuda Networks raises free capacity of Copy.com to 15GB
Coke gives peace a chance ( +16 photos)