Five burning wireless questions
- 24 June, 2008 11:30
Is wireless technology moving faster than you can keep up with at your company? Here's our reality check on how soon some of the most talked about issues - from smartphone malware to Google's Android to WiMAX - will likely impact your network.
Not at the moment. As iPhones, other devices grow in popularity, so will risky Web browsing.
It depends on exactly what you mean by FMC, but the answer is: There's no rush.
Proponents say it will be like taking your desktop anywhere.
Yes, but Google's open source mobile platform not expected to overrun your network anytime soon.
While WiMAX appears to be set for commercial deployment in some U.S. markets by year-end, the technology has been plagued by fits and starts.
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps
- How do you measure up against top IT service provider benchmarks?
- Vintek partners with IBM to reduce costs and improve system reliability
- Provide clients with more powerful, cost-effective cloud hosted services
- View from the Cloud: An outlook on Australian businesses in 2013
Gold Coast-based Icon expands into US
Optus hits 2.3Gbps throughput in real-world test
Australia lags in e-signature adoption: Adobe
Users refuse to chuck XP as Windows 8 uptake flattens
Android takes 62 per cent share of tablet market in 2013